Creating an Amazon Seller Central account allows you to sell products on Amazon’s platform. Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating your Amazon Seller Center account:
- Visit Amazon Seller Central: Go to the Amazon Seller Central website using your web browser. The URL is typically “https://sellercentral.amazon.com/“
- Sign Up as a New Seller: Click on the “Start Selling” or “Sign Up” button on the Amazon Seller Central homepage.
- Sign In or Create an Amazon Account: If you already have an Amazon account (for shopping, Kindle, or any other Amazon service), you can use those login credentials. Otherwise, click on “Create your Amazon account” to set up a new account.
- Provide Seller Information:
Enter your business name (if applicable) and the name you want to display on your Amazon seller profile.
Provide your email address and create a password for your Seller Central account.
Click on the “Create your Amazon account” button.
- Select a Marketplace: Choose the Amazon marketplace where you want to sell your products. For example, you can select “Amazon.com” for the US marketplace.
- Set Up Your Seller Profile:
Enter your business information, including address, contact number, and payment information.
Provide a valid credit card for Amazon’s seller fees and charges.
- Verify Your Identity: Amazon may ask you to verify your identity by phone. You will receive a verification code via call or text that you need to enter on the website.
- Agree to Seller Central Terms: Read and agree to Amazon’s Seller Central terms and conditions.
- Select a Selling Plan:
Choose between an Individual Selling Plan (pay-per-item) or a Professional Selling Plan (monthly subscription with additional benefits).
For beginners, the Individual Selling Plan is usually a good starting point.
- Product Category Approval (if applicable):
Some product categories on Amazon require approval before you can start selling. If you plan to sell in a restricted category, follow the application process provided by Amazon.
- Set Up Shipping Options:
Choose your shipping settings and methods for fulfilling orders. You can use Amazon’s fulfillment services (FBA) or handle shipping yourself (FBM).
- List Your Products:
Once your account is set up, you can start listing your products on Amazon. Provide detailed and accurate product information, including titles, descriptions, images, and prices.
After completing these steps, your Amazon Seller Central account will be ready, and you can start selling products on Amazon’s platform. Remember to follow Amazon’s seller guidelines and policies to ensure a successful selling experience.